Dakota is the Eastern dialect of Great Siouan language, the original language of Minnesota. You can help preserve this poetic, land-centered language in one of these four- to five-hour sculpting classes, which include materials, supplies, and an inspirational glass of wine:
• $69 ($200 value) for a Welding and Weaving Garden Art class
• $69 ($200 value) for a Welding Dakota into Stone class
• $69 ($200 value) for a Melding with Welding class
• $69 ($200 value) for a Pinching Giacometti class
• $69 ($200 value) for a Torching a Motherwell class
• $69 ($300 value) for a Welding a Sage Permaculture class
Welding and Weaving Garden Art teaches you how to design and make a large-scale garden sculpture by weaving metal and welding it together.
Welding Dakota into Stone will teach you how to translate a Dakota word into a sculpture that uses metal drilled into stone and welded about it.
Melding with Welding teaches how to bind steel, flint, and bone to create a sculpture welded with tungsten inert gas.
Pinching Giacometti focuses on the art of bending steel into abstract forms around stone.
Torching a Motherwell will teach you how to use a oxy-acetylene torch to fire an aluminum plate, creating an effect that evokes a Robert Motherwell painting.
Welding a Sage Permaculture will cover the basics of creating sustainable and environmentally conscious landscape architecture.
Vesper College's Website
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 22, 2014
Five-Hour Welding and Metal-Working Classes
- from $69