• A One-Night Stay for Two in a Colonial Room ($110)
• Or, A Two-Night Stay for Two in Colonial Room ($220)
• 25% Discount on One Spa Service of 50 Minutes or Longer
Stretching all the way from the Chesapeake Bay to the North Carolina border, Virginia Beach is best known for its wide, sandy beaches and summertime surf culture. But the town, which also boasts a robust military tradition, is dripping with history and Colonial charm—in fact, First Landing Cross marks the point of disembarkation by Jamestown's first settlers. Tucked back from the shoreline lie expansive green spaces lined with sturdy oak trees and colorful porched homes, lending the place the feel of a small neighborhood rather than a large resort town.
Stepping onto the sprawling grounds of The Founders Inn and Spa, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were at the wrong place—palatial yet humbly named, the property is less of an inn than it is an estate. But an apt tribute to its namesake Founding Fathers? It is most certainly that. Set on 16 acres in Virginia Beach, the Georgian-style hotel is fronted by fountains and perfectly trimmed hedges, and decorated inside with Oriental rugs; chandeliers; and large framed paintings of John Adams, James Madison, and the like. Each newly renovated room features a Kingsdown pillow-top mattress, a 42-inch flat-screen TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
• Pamper yourself with a body treatment at the ultra-modern Flowering Almond Spa
• Head 20 minutes east to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk
• Drive north to historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, or Yorktown, each an hour away
• Grab a quick bite in The Hunt Room or opt for upscale dining in the award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 21, 2014
The Founders Inn and Spa
A History of Luxury in Virginia
- from $110