• A Two-Night Stay for Two, Any Day of the Week, in a Romantic Victorian Turret Suite with a Baguette, Fruit, and Cheese Basket ($359)
• Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Cozy Dream Jacuzzi Suite with Six Chocolate-Tipped Strawberries and Silk Rose Petals ($336)
• Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Royal Spa Jacuzzi Suite with Six Chocolate-Tipped Strawberries and Silk Rose Petals ($426)
• Tour and Tasting for Two at Elk Run Vineyards
• Two $25 Spa Vouchers
• Daily Breakfast for Two
• Bottle of Sparkling Cider
The city of Columbia, situated about halfway between Baltimore and DC, is nothing short of a success story. It was one of the country's first planned communities, and today, 46 years after its inception, it consistently finds itself featured on lists of the country's best places to live, a distinction bestowed upon the city by magazines like Forbes and Money. And it's not just the area's large tech companies that got it there. With tons of green space, including a 1,000-acre nature preserve, Columbia makes it easy to escape the two bustling metropolises on either side of it, but also easy to forget that the city itself is home to about 100,000 residents.
Long before Columbia was gracing the pages of Forbes, Howard County was home to a number of prominent citizens, one of whom built the stately white house now known as The Columbia Inn at Peralynna, an award-winner itself. Featuring a four-story great room, a large dining room, a library, and a game room with a 72-inch TV and a pool table, the house is also equipped with ample parking and wireless Internet throughout.
The Romantic Victorian Turret suites, fit with picture windows and high ceilings, are elegantly decorated with a mixture of contemporary and antique furnishings, and each comes with a balcony. The Cozy Dream suites are reminiscent of 1950s France, adorned with silken red fabrics, gilded mirrors, and intricately carved headboards, and the bathrooms feature a Japanese soaking tub. Or, stay in one of three Royal Spa suites, the property's largest, which are appointed with marble bathrooms equipped with two-person Jacuzzi tubs and spa showers. All suites feature a fireplace and flat-screen TV.
• Tour the winery and taste the good stuff at Elk Run Vineyards, named one of the top 100 wineries on the East Coast
• Use your spa vouchers for any on-site treatment
• Explore more than 1,000 acres of ponds and forests on five and a half miles of hiking trails at Middle Patuxent Environmental Area
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 26, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 27, 2014
The Columbia Inn at Peralynna
Only the Best in Suburban Baltimore
- from $359