The Escape Kit
• A Four-Night Stay for Two in an Ocean View Room from July 1 through September 1 ($449), September 2 through December 25 ($379), or December 26 through January 31, 2014 ($549)
• A Six-Night Stay for Two in an Ocean View Room from July 1 through September 1 ($649), September 2 through December 25 ($579), or December 26 through January 31, 2014 ($749)
• Or, a Seven-Night Stay for Two in an Ocean View Room from July 1 through September 1 ($729), September 2 through December 25 ($679), or December 26 through January 31, 2014 ($849)
• Daily Breakfast for Two
• Four Cocktails at Hammerheads
• Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to 14 Nights
Standing out can be hard in a country with hundreds of islands, but Grand Bahama Island manages to shine as one of the gems of the archipelago. Miles of sparkling-white beaches give way to warm blue waters in a place that feels a world away, but is actually just 75 miles off the coast of Florida. Here, the two major towns of Freeport and Lucaya move at an easy pace, and the Lucayan National Park's marine caves and tropical forests make Grand Bahama Island a destination for eco-tourism.
Facing the wide swath of white sand on Lucayan Beach—one of the clearest in the Bahamas—the Grand Lucayan brings the low-key island some uncommon panache. The resort is arguably the island's finest and has the numbers to prove it, offering a variety of restaurants and bars, three pools, an 18-hole golf course, and four tennis courts, not to mention a spa, fitness center, children's program, and a slew of daily resort activities. Its 542 guest rooms are decked out with Caribbean décor in a cool palette, and many show off ocean views from private balconies.
With a full-service spa and specialty treatments like the seasonal facial—prepared with organic fruits, herbs, and exotic spices—indulgence is always on the menu. Wade over to Hammerheads, where a bounty of frosty drinks and snacks are a lap away, or clear your mind as you float in the pool. If a shuffle through the sand makes you yearn for a closer peek at marine life, head to the Underwater Explorers Society to dive alongside 14 bottlenose dolphins. Dinner calls for a world-class restaurant featuring Mediterranean inspired cuisine, homemade pastas, and succulent steaks at Churchill's.
PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2014
Grand Lucayan Bahamas
Primo Placement on Lucayan Beach
- from $379