• A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard ($249) or Deluxe Room ($279)
• Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard ($349) or Deluxe Room ($379) between Now and September 15, with Registration for Two to The Green Mountain Adventure Challenge
• Daily Breakfast for Two
• Unlimited Cider, Tea, Cookies, and Cake
• $30 Credit Toward a Vermont State Historic Sites Pass
• $25 Voucher Toward a Future Stay
• $15 Voucher to the 1846 Tavern & Restaurant
Covered bridges and clapboard churches are just a few of the iconic features that make Dover a model Southern Vermont enclave. Nestled among the pine forests of the state's rolling Green Mountains, the town has attracted leaf-peepers and downhill skiers ever since the trails at nearby Mount Snow Ski Resort opened in 1952. Fortunately, this steeple-studded village hasn't lost any of its original New England charm: 18th- and 19th-century buildings still line the main street, housing an attractive collection of antique shops and historic taverns.
A crimson clapboard structure that's listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Deerfield Valley Inn has been welcoming weary travelers since Dover's days as a lumber mill town. Nine individually decorated guest rooms are air-conditioned in summer and warmed by wood fireplace in winter. Though each room boasts modern amenities like en-suite bathroom, and TV, 19th-century details remain in the wingback chairs, sleigh beds, and original millwork. Awaken to the aromas of home-baked scones, banana walnut pancakes, and maple-glazed ham—a hearty beginning to a day of hiking or skiing in the surrounding hills.
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 4, 2020
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2013
The Deerfield Valley Inn
A Timeless Treasure in Southern Vermont
- from $249