Cribs, mangers, and stables are particularly topical at this time of year, but for a wholly original take on the wooden structure, we've constructed today's deal from The Barn at Fellowsfield: for just €65 (a €130 value), two people can enjoy a five-course dinner on a Friday or a Saturday.
- The menu at the Taste of Ireland recommended restaurant changes every month: sample menus have included starters of organic smoked salmon stuffed with fresh herbs and cream cheese and a spicy vegetable soup; mains of pan-fried scallops served with fennel and swede mash and roast local beef with carrots in Hollandaise sauce.
- Just leave room for dessert: lemon cheesecake and honey-roasted fruit with marsala and mascarpone have been known to feature.
- Then take your time over tea or coffee and a selection of chocolates.
- You can bring your own wine to accompany your dinner for a €15 corkage fee.
- Originally an entirely wooden the structure, the centre piece of the working farm has been converted into a luxurious country house and restaurant using many of the original timbers, and everything on the menu is either produced on site or locally sourced from trusted suppliers.
- After your meal, take a stroll in the farms beautiful surroundings: nearby are Donadea forest, the Grand Canal, and the Royal Canal.
- Your voucher will be valid from the January 3, 2014.
- Wrap up a voucher for today's deal for a great Christmas present.
Don't risk locking the barn door after the horse has bolted: click 'Buy Now' today and you too could soon be away in a manger.
Give a tasty treat this Christmas! For presents without the delivery hassle, view our Dining Gift Collection of restaurant offers.
Enjoy By March 31, 2014
map & location
The Barn at Fellowsfield
Five-Course Dinner for Two People
- € 65