Students achieve a full-body workout with the assistance of free weights and ballet barre during class sessions
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- The Bar Method workout is a fast-paced form of interval training that maximizes caloric burn during and after every class. This format gives student's slimmer and leaner bodies after a few months of regular attendance.
- View the Palo Alto class schedule
- View the San Mateo class schedule
- Amenities: towels, lockers, showers, toiletries, free parking
The Bar Method’s COVID-19 Precautions
- Hand sanitizers or wipes are available throughout studios for clients to use
- Masks are available for clients upon request
- Class sizes are limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check The Bar Method’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
About The Bar Method
Founder Burr Leonard, a lover of ballet and jazz classes, discovered the Lotte Berk Method while living in New York in 1981. She became a devoted student after noticing an incredible transformation in her body. In 2001, after decades of running her own Lotte Berk studio, she teamed with a physical therapist to refine the movements of this workout to target specific muscles while reducing the impact on joints. The resulting workout became known as the Bar Method.
This signature technique has proven to be a fast and efficient way to reshape the entire body. Precise exercises keep students working “in the muscle,” followed by stretching to lengthen and elongate the area just worked. The result is a strong, dancer-like body, with sculpted arms, flat abs, a lifted seat and elongated thighs, as well as improved posture and body alignment. The fast pace of the class spikes the heart rate at different intervals to burn calories not just in the classroom, but long after. The remarkable body transformations of this workout has lead to more than 120 studios opening in the United States and Canada.