All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Indoor climbing
- What’s included:
- Climbing Packages for Two, Four, or Six with Gear include Day Pass, shoe rental, chalk bag rental, and belay equipment rental for each person. Dedicated instruction not included.
- Climbing 101 Class for Two with Gear includes participation in a class with an hour of dedicated instruction which take place on Saturdays or Sundays at 2:00 and 3:00pm and teaches safe belay practices. After the class, participants are welcome to climb the rest of the day.
- Appropriate for skill levels:
- Bouldering areas - no experience required
- Rope climbing areas - appropriate for visitors who pass a belay certification check
- Climbers under the age of 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 years or older) at all times
Indoor Rock Climing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Advanced reservation required for Climbing 101. Climbing 101 classes are offered Sat and Sun 2 pm and 3 pm. Must sign waiver. Younger than 18 must have guardian-signed waiver. Younger than 13 must be accompanied by guardian. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per visit. Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Climbing New Heights
Climbing New Heights is an indoor climbing gym and guide service. The staff are professionally certified and devoted to healthy lifestyles and stand behind climbing as a great activity to maintain ideal physical and mental health. With a wide range of classes, including a climbing 101 course, lead climbing techniques, and kids classes from beginner to advanced, you sure to find a class that suits your needs inside Climbing New Heights, and when you are ready to get outside on the rock around the panhandle, Climbing New Heights provides classes, and guiding services to take you higher! The team is committed to providing climbers of all ages and skill-sets with the proper training and techniques to conquer new heights and explore wherever climbing may take you.