Hotel with pool and dining just half a mile from the falls and across from Fallsview Casino Resort; includes family or couples package
Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Fallsview
In its list of the world’s ten most spectacular waterfalls, Travel + Leisure praised the Canadian side of Niagara Falls (which came in at No. 5) for its casinos, cable cars, and “overall superior views.” Located within walking distance of the falls, Best Western Fallsview gives guests easy access to the natural wonder. The family-friendly hotel also sits across from a world-class casino and an IMAX theater and features attractions of its own, including an indoor pool and arcade.
- Distance from the falls: half a mile
- Dining options: This getaway includes dining vouchers (per night) to be used at IHOP, Keg Steakhouse & Bar, and Outback Steakhouse. Book a table for the Keg Steakhouse & Bar here or for Outback Steakhouse & Bar here.
- Enjoy the gaming using the slot-play voucher at Fallsview Casino or Casino Niagara included with the couples package.
- Fun for kids: The family package comes with unlimited access for four to select attractions at Captain Jack’s Fun Center (once per night), including Cannon Blasters, Time Freak, Glow-In-The-Dark Mini Putt, and Lazer Maze, and five attractions at Niagara Falls Fun Zone.
- Taste the local chocolate with the visit to the Chocolate FX factory included in couples package.
- In-room amenities: The hotel’s recently renovated guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs and free WiFi access.
Niagara Falls, Ontario: Panoramic Views of the Falls near Vegas-Style Casinos and Water Parks
At Niagara Falls, water thunders downward from a height of nearly 200 feet, crashing onto craggy boulders below. The falls straddle the border between Canada and the United States, but the Canadian side of the Niagara River is universally hailed as the finest vantage point to take in all three of Niagara Falls’ photogenic brinks: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls.
Hornblower cruises ferry raincoat-clad passengers around the base of the falls from April to October, depending on the river’s ice conditions. Year-round, Journey Behind the Falls grants a glimpse behind the curtain of Horseshoe Falls—visitors board an elevator that descends 150 feet into the bedrock, then stand at an observation deck steps from the cascading water. A 10-minute walk from the falls is the neon-lit Clifton Hill neighborhood. Its Fallsview Boulevard has plenty of Vegas-style kitsch, including glitzy casinos and indoor water parks.