What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a city-view king room, high floor city-view king room, city-view double-queen room, or high floor city-view double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a city-view double-queen room and high floor city-view double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton
Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown is an upscale facility located in San Diego’s Little Italy. It features an exclusive rooftop bar and lounge, full-service restaurant, rooftop swimming pool, and large, comfortable rooms.
- The rooms: Equipped with a huge HD TV, mini-refrigerator, and in-room safe, they come with a view of the city through floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Watercolors: This sea-to-table restaurant uses locally sourced ingredients to create premium world cuisine.
- Above Ash Social: This rooftop bar and lounge with a magnificent view of the bay and Point Loma Mountains serves locally-inspired cuisine and handcrafted cocktails.
- Nearby attractions: Little Italy and its farmers’ market, Embarcadero waterfront, San Diego Zoo
San Diego, California: Electric Nightlife and Historical Attractions
San Diego’s sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted out-of-towners, but the city’s inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably the trendiest listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings occupied by high-end boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
A stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 museums, as well as the world-famous San Diego Zoo. There’s also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists produce pottery and oil paintings. In Old Town, shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful woven baskets and maracas. Nearby stands the Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture and eerie dolls.
City-View King Room and High Floor City-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
City-View Double-Queen Room and High Floor City-View Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: self-parking available for an additional $40 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Rooftop outdoor pool (reduced availability)
- Restaurant (reduced availability)
- Rooftop bar and lounge (reduced availability)
- Fitness center (temporarily unavailable)
- Fitness classes (temporarily unavailable)
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Parking (fees apply)
- EV charging stations (four Tesla and four universal)
- Room features: mini-fridge, coffee maker
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Nearest airport: San Diego International Airport (SAN; 2 mi)
- Cab fare: $20 from SAN, including a 15% tip