Hotel at a Glance: Château Mar Beach Resort
Château Mar Beach Resort sits right on the beach. You can stroll onto the sand and into the waves in less time than it’d take to pull your car out of the garage. And since the resort is just 6 miles north of Daytona Beach, you can find plenty of excitement nearby.
- Guest rooms and suites overlook the city or the ocean and include high-definition TVs and free on-demand movies.
- Start the morning right with a trip to the free breakfast bar.
- Stay connected: The hotel offers free WiFi for guests.
- Take a dip in the hotel’s beachfront pool.
- Distance from Daytona International Speedway: 9 miles, about a 20-minute drive
Daytona Beach, Florida: Racing Legacy and a Famed Lighthouse
Hundreds of thousands of racing fans visit Daytona International Speedway each year to watch world-class champions such as Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon. Stock-car, sports-car, and motorcycle events round out the calendar all year, highlighted by the Daytona 500 in February—the first race of the Sprint Cup Series and typically regarded as the most prestigious. On various behind-the-scenes tours, you can explore the speedway’s elevated press boxes, banked infield turns, and decadent hot tubs filled with motor oil.
At Daytona Beach itself, cars toting beach gear roll across the hard-packed sand through oceanfront driving zones; there are also traffic-free areas. South of town, you can see the Ponce de León Inlet Lighthouse. There, a spiral staircase winds up to the top of a 175-foot tower, where you can overlook a 52-acre park filled with armadillos, shore birds, and native wildflowers.