What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- 7-day/6-night Costa Rica Nature & Adventure tour for two
Costa Rica’s diverse landscape and animal life make it an ideal destination for ecotourism. You’ll see plenty of both on this vacation, which includes tours of the Arenal Volcano National Park’s rainforests and the canals and wetlands of Tortuguero National Park. There are also some adventurous activities planned—you’ll explore Volcano National Park and relax in natural hot springs. Along the way, you’ll stay at hotels with amenities like private gardens, pools, spas, and bars. This tour from Ecoterra includes:
- 1 night of standard accommodations at the Autentico Hotel or similar in San José
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Laguna Lodge Tortuguero in Tortuguero
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa in La Fortuna
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Transportation from San José to Guápiles and Guapiles to Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna
- Round-trip boat transportation from Guápiles to Tortuguero
- Transportation to all mentioned activities
- WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Welcome drink
- 12 meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners
- Guided village visit in Tortuguero
- Guided walk on hotel trails and botanical garden
- Boat trip through the Tortuguero National Park canals
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Hike
- Guided tour to La Fortuna Waterfall with lunch
- Guided walk in Arenal Volcano National Park
- Entrance fee to Paradise Hot Springs
- Services of a bilingual naturalist guide
- See the full itinerary here
Days 1–3: San Jose and Tortuguero
After your flight (not included), you’ll head straight to your San Jose hotel. Depending on when you arrive, you may have time to explore Costa Rica’s capital city, where you can soak up the colonial architecture and sample tamales and other street food.
After breakfast the next morning you’ll leave for Tortuguero. While here, you’ll stay at Laguna Lodge Tortuguero, a resort with restaurants, bars, and pools nestled on 6 acres between the Tortuguero Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea. Day 3 is filled with activities, outlined below.
- Tortuguero National Park: Take a boat tour after breakfast to explore canals, lagoons, and wetlands inhabited by endangered turtles and manatees.
- Go into town: There are no streets in this quiet little village, but the sandy pathways and patchy sidewalks will lead you to plenty of restaurants, artist-owned shops, and the Sea Turtle Conservancy Museum.
Days 4 and 5: La Fortuna
On day 4 you’ll arrive at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, a rustic, colonial-style hotel near Arenal Volcano. The next day is filled with the following adventures:
- Hanging Bridges Hike: You’ll take in the beauty of the tropical rainforest by foot, getting magnificent views of the treetops from many of the 15 bridges over the 2 mile trail. Look for monkeys, birds, snakes, and more of the wildlife that the rainforest has to offer.
- Arenal Volcano National Park: At this roughly 30,000-acre park, you’ll find hiking trails, fertile rainforests, and a wide variety of plants and animals. Keep your eyes peeled for parrots, howler monkeys, and orchids.
- La Fortuna Waterfall: Visit this breathtaking place, where you can take a refreshing swim or just photograph this magical waterfall and its splendid surrounding.
- Enjoy lunch During the afternoon, guests will lunch in a restaurant near La Fortuna. Lunch will be served a la carte with at least 5 options to choose from.
- Arenal hot springs: Soothe tired muscles in warm pools created by the volcano’s geothermic activity.
Days 6 and 7: La Fortuna and Return to United States
Since day 6 has no set itinerary, you can spend your time as you please, enjoying a drink at the hotel’s Luna Bar or indulging in a relaxing Swedish massage with volcanic mud. Or you can book activities through the hotel—options range from cave explorations to canopy tours. The next day, you’ll have breakfast before heading back to the airport for your return flight to the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? San Jose Airport (SJO) is the nearest airport to the first property in the itinerary. Ecoterra guides will meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to book another stay? This deal covers a tour for two guests. Additional guests may be added for an additional fee (subject to restrictions). Please contact Ecoterra for more information.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call +(506) 8323-8029.
Standard Room, Standard Deluxe Room, and Standard Deluxe Garden Room
- Bedding varies
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 adults + 1 kid or 2 adults + 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: please contact Ecoterra for pricing and details.
- Parking: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the properties.
- Accessibility: please contact Ecoterra for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 30-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid government issued ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- 13% tax paid at check-in
- $17 Tortuguero National Park entrance fee per person paid at check-in
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About 7-Day Adventure Package from Ecoterra
- Fly into Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose (SJO).
- Airfare not included
- Ecoterra guides will meet you at the airport to take you to the hotel.