This hotel set on the Ocean City boardwalk features restaurants, indoor and outdoor pools, and a full-service spa
Hotel at a Glance: Grand Hotel & Spa
Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk stretches along the Atlantic Ocean right outside the doors of the Grand Hotel & Spa. Inside, your family can nosh on pizza and ice cream or splash in the indoor pool.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the beach.
- Diverse dining options: Onsite restaurants (some seasonal) serve everything from hearty American breakfasts to authentic Italian cuisine.
- Room with a view: Semi-private balconies overlook the boardwalk and the ocean.
- Get pampered with a couples massage or mineral-infused facial at the hotel’s Aqua Spa.
- Take a dip in the seasonal outdoor pool or the indoor pool that’s open year-round, both of which feature towel service and a seasonal pool bar.
- Fitness center with cardio equipment, weight machines, and a sauna
Ocean City, Maryland: Family-Friendly Boardwalk next to the Atlantic
Along Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk, you can savor wild-caught blue crab, play old-fashioned arcade games, and watch candy makers spin colorful saltwater taffy. The lively boardwalk, which stretches for 3 miles along Maryland’s eastern shore, helped earn Ocean City a spot on USA Today’s list of the “10 great places to have some fun on a boardwalk.” Kids can ride a ferris wheel and climb aboard one of the country’s oldest carousels at Trimper’s Amusement Park, a family-owned theme park open for more than 100 years.
Assateague Island National Seashore—a 37-mile stretch of salt marshes running from Ocean City down to Virginia—offers a peaceful reprieve from the boardwalk’s constant activity. The island’s famous wild horses gallop on the shores, and you can can climb up a vintage, candy-striped lighthouse, or hike the seaside forests to spot birds, including great horned owls, ruby-crowned kinglets, and great blue herons.