What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Hilton Garden Inn Independence is located just off I-70, within a walking distance of restaurants and shopping center. It can boast comfortable, well-equipped rooms and an all-year-round indoor swimming pool with a jetted tub.
- Where you’ll stay: Comfortable, spacious rooms feature adjustable beds, a 42-inch HDTV, a microwave, a mini-fridge, and a sitting area.
- Where you can keep fit: Swim in a heated indoor pool or work out in a 24-hour fitness center with modern equipment.
- Hereford House Steakhouse: The hotel’s award-winning restaurant serves premium Kansas City beef and a selection of high-quality wines.
- Nearby attractions: Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, and downtown Kansas City
Independence, Missouri: Oregon Trail History near Kansas City
The city of Independence, situated 11 miles east of Kansas City, was the defined starting point of the Oregon Trail. The frontier city boomed as its businesses outfitted pioneers for their journey west in the mid-19th century. Independence Square was a meeting place for groups getting ready to head out on the trail. Today, restored storefronts dot the square, including several top-notch restaurants and a soda fountain where Harry S. Truman—a native of Independence—once worked.
Artifacts and journals from settlers heading west are on display at the National Frontier Trails Museum. At some of the exhibits, visitors can listen to recordings of voice actors who bring the stories of the pioneers to life. Independence is also about 6 miles from the Kansas City Chiefs’ Arrowhead Stadium, and 11 miles from abundant shopping and dining in downtown Kansas City.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets up to 50 lbs or less may be added for an additional $50 per pet per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Indoor pool with a whirlpool
- Restaurant and bar
- Breakfast buffet (temporarily limited access)
- 24-hour convenience shop
- Fitness center
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Complimentary parking
- Kitchen features of room: mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker
- Evening room service
- Pet friendly (fees apply)
- Kid-friendly activities
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Nearest airport: Kansas City International Airport (MCI; 27 mi)
Distance from Kansas City: about 16 mi