What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or queen room, or four in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Notice: Please be advised that the hotel’s historic elevator will be undergoing modernization from November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 and will be out of service. As there are no ground floor rooms, guest will be required to use the stairs between the 2nd-5th floors. There will be added staff on hand to assist with luggage.
Hotel at a Glance: Historic Hotel Petaluma, Ascend Hotel Collection
Historic charm and contemporary comfort combine at Hotel Petaluma, Ascend Hotel Collection. Built in 1923, the boutique hotel has maintained its splendor throughout the years. That includes the hotel’s original chandeliers that cascade over the wood-paneled fireplace, and a baby grand piano that welcomes guests into the lobby for a stay in California’s wine country.
- The Shuckery: The hotel’s 54-seat oyster bar and seafood restaurant serves up fresh local produce and seafood.
- Exclusive wine tasting room: Barber Cellars focuses on small-production, single-vineyard wines.
- Grab a drink at the Shuckery Parlor, the hotel’s lobby bar serving a curated list of local and imported beer and wine and small bites from The Shuckery’s kitchen.
- Explore the area: The hotel is within walking distance of the antique shops, retro clothing stores, and specialty shops of downtown Petaluma. Up-to-date COVID restrictions can be found here.
Sonoma Valley, California: Relaxed Wine Country and Majestic Redwoods
The Sonoma Valley, located about an hour north of San Francisco, is best known for its wine. The mild climate here allows winemakers to grow cool-weather varietals such as pinot noir and chardonnay. But the valley has a varied landscape; some areas are prime for growing hot-weather vines, too.
The 17 miles of country roads that connect the sleepy hamlet of Kenwood to the Carneros appellation lead to more than 40 boutique wineries, most small and family owned. Many are tucked amid oak forests and wildflower meadows. Compared to its neighbor Napa Valley (about 15 miles away), Sonoma feels a little more relaxed and remote: the wineries here are generally more secluded from one another than those in Napa, and tasting rooms tend to be less crowded.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free unrestricted street parking within residential areas.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: up to two dogs may be added for an additional $20 per pet per night plus a $100 refundable deposit.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options. The hotel’s historic elevator will be undergoing modernization from November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 and will be out of service. Guests will be required to use the stairs at the property.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Wine tasting
- Complimentary WiFi
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Please be advised that the hotel’s historic elevator will be undergoing modernization from November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 and will be out of service
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Petaluma, Ascend Hotel Collection
- Nearest airport: Petaluma Municipal Airport (O69; 3 mi) and Oakland International Airport (OAK; 54 mi)
- Nearest train stop: Petaluma Downtown Train Station (0.5 mi)
- Cab fare: about $15 from O69
- Distance from San Francisco: 40 miles