What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a manor king room, manor double-queen room, or poolside double-queen room
- Two drinks per day
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $100 incidental deposit paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
The Lafayette Hotel’s outdoor pool has been a hot spot for San Diego visitors and locals alike since 1946, when it was designed by five-time gold medal swimmer Johnny Weissmuller. Florence Chadwick—the first woman to cross the English Channel in both directions—even trained here. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to enjoy the pool, though; you can simply dip your toes in the warm water or sunbathe in a lounger on the deck.
- California wines and craft beers are on the menu at Hope 46, which serves classic American cuisine, along with entrees such as blackened cauliflower steak with charred corn succotash or 10-ounce sirloin steak served with lafayette secret sauce and truffle compound butter.
- Hear live music each night at the Red Fox Room. Otherwise, catch a live comedy show at Finest City Improv.
- Recently renovated manor and poolside rooms feature LCD TVs and free WiFi. Poolside rooms also have balconies or decks.
- Cheers!: Your stay includes two complimentary drinks a day.
- Iconic attractions: Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are less than 2 miles away.
San Diego, California: Electric Nightlife and Historical Attractions
San Diego’s sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted out-of-towners, but the city’s inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably the trendiest listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings occupied by high-end boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
A stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 museums, as well as the world-famous San Diego Zoo. There’s also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists produce pottery and oil paintings. In Old Town, shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful woven baskets and maracas. Nearby stands the Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture and eerie dolls.
Manor King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Manor Double-Queen Room and Poolside Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no additional charge
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: available for an additional $18 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Fitness center
- Complimentary coffee and water in the lobby
- Gift shop
- 24-hour room service
- Poolside bar
- Cabana rental
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $100 incidental deposit paid at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
- Nearest airport: San Diego International (SAN; 6 miles)
- Cab fare: about $35 from SAN, including a 15% tip