You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Hotel at a Glance: Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Perched on the banks of the Potomac River, Lansdowne Resort sprawls across 476 wooded acres in Virginia wine country. Despite its massive size, the AAA Four Diamond resort offers the hospitable ambiance of a country manor. That’s thanks in part to its cushy furnishings and rustic-yet-comfortable design scheme.
- Tee off on three golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Greg Norman.
- Order up: The four onsite restaurants offer a seasonal al fresco dining experience, and specialize in local ingredients and seafood from the Chesapeake Bay.
- Water Adventures on the Potomac River bring you closer to nature.
- Splish, slash: The Aquatic Complex includes four pools, a water slide, an interactive fountain, and indoor and outdoor hot tubs.
- Unwind with an essential-oil-infused body scrub at Spa Minérale.
- Swirl, sniff, and sip on a full-day tour of area wineries (additional fee).
Leesburg, Virginia: Wine Country Close to Washington, DC
Rows upon rows of carefully cultivated vineyards cover Loudoun County, the area of Northern Virginia where Leesburg is located. More than 25 wineries are scattered throughout the region, and nearly all of them lie within a half-hour drive. Leesburg itself looks like something out of a Norman Rockwell print. Its charming streets are lined with quaint 19th-century buildings, antique stores, and brick-front homes. It’s also less than an hour’s drive from the fine dining, historical monuments, and marathon filibusters of the nation’s capital.