What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in an inland-view king room, inland-view double-queen room, partial ocean-view king room, partial ocean-view double-queen room, deluxe ocean-view king room, or deluxe ocean-view double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in inland-view, partial ocean-view, and deluxe ocean-view double-queen rooms
Until further notice, the hotel restaurant, bar, room service, pool, hot tub, and fitness center are closed. Housekeeping service is not currently provided, but fresh towels and sheets are available for guests staying multiple nights. To learn about the current ordinances, please visit the County of Monterey website.
Hotel at a Glance: Monterey Tides
You’re just steps from the Pacific Ocean at the Monterey Tides, a setting perfect for swimming, walking along the beach, or just listening to the soothing sounds of crashing waves. After dropping your luggage off, you can head right down to the sands or lounge in the hotel’s oceanfront courtyard.
- Inspired by the ocean: Updates in the spacious guest rooms include a color palette with shades of blue and patterned carpet reminiscent of waves. Each room comes with HD TVs & WiFi.
- For the best views—and dazzling sunsets over the Pacific—choose a deluxe room.
- Eat local at the waterfront Tides Coastal Kitchen, where the menu features wines and fresh seafood from the area, or sip craft cocktails and share tapas at Bayside Bar + Lounge.
- Go for a swim in the revamped outdoor pool; it’s open all year and heated.
- Oceanfront decks with lounge chairs overlooking the sea
- Private beach: Enjoy bonfires and s’mores with exclusive beach access.
Please note that Monterey County is currently in Shelter in Place. At this time, to protect the safety of both our guests and employees, the hotel restaurant is closed for indoor dining but is offering a daily coffee bar for takeaway items from 7am-11am. The hotel bar is open for takeaway drinks including hot food items on Friday and Saturday 3pm-9pm (food from 4pm). Room Service is currently closed. We are also offering Poolside Dinner Dining (outdoor seating) on Friday and Saturday nights from 5pm - 9pm and Poolside Breakfast Dining (outdoor seating) on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7am-11am. Social distancing is in place for these limited services.
Monterey, California: Scenic Beaches and Marine Wildlife on the Pacific Coast
The city of Monterey is at Monterey Bay’s southern end, in an area considered one of the world’s most scenic thanks to its rugged cliffs and dramatic ocean views. Author John Steinbeck lived for several years in the neighboring town of Pacific Grove, and he immortalized this part of central California in works such as East of Eden and Of Mice and Men. In Cannery Row, Steinbeck depicted the Monterey fish-canning industry at the turn of the 20th century. Today, a tourist destination of the same name houses souvenir shops and eateries right where the sardine factories used to be.
Among the city’s must-see attractions is the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Its mesmerizing displays include a living kelp forest filled with leopard sharks and wolf eels. For those who want to get closer to the sea, there’s the oceanfront Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, where sea lions sunbathe on the rocks and otters play in the surf. A variety of whales pass by the shores of Monterey all year; visitors might also spot a few dolphins from aboard one of the popular harbor cruises.
Inland-View King Room, Partial Ocean-View King Room, and Deluxe Ocean-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Inland-View Double-Queen Room, Partial Ocean-View Double-Queen Room, and Deluxe Ocean-View Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 for each additional guest 18 or older; up to two kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $33.54 resort fee includes: parking & WiFi
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pet friendly; pet fee applies. $50 for one pet, $75 for two pets per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Restaurant and bar are closed with the exception of a takeaway coffee bar (items for purchase) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7am-11am and the bar is open for takeaway cocktails (for purchase) on Friday and Saturday from 3pm - 9pm.
- Masks and social distancing are required while on property.
- Beaches are open and guests are invited to enjoy. We are not currently selling bonfire kits but hope to be able to do so very soon.
- Oceanfront restaurant and bar
- Year-round heated outdoor pool
- Oceanfront courtyard
- Bike rentals
- Fitness center
- WiFi access
- Bonfire and s’more kits
- Pet-friendly (additional fee)
- Pool, hot tub, and fitness center are closed.
The Fine Print
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $33.54 daily resort fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Monterey Tides
- Nearest airports: Monterey Regional Airport (MRY; 3 mi) and Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC; 71 mi)
- Cab fare: about $20 from MRY, including a 15% tip
- Distance from San Jose: 69 miles