4-star Waterfront resort and spa with onsite dining and rooms with private balconies and fireplaces; gorgeous mountain and water views
Property at a Glance: Poets Cove Resort & Spa
Water and fire are typically believed to be polar opposites, incapable of coexisting. But they thrive together at the 4-star Poets Cove. The island resort is right on the water, and its lodge rooms have views of the lapping waters through west-facing windows that frame blazing sunsets each evening. After sundown, you can stay warm in front of the flames of your in-room fireplace.
- If it floats your boat: Poets Cove’s marina ranks as one of the best in the Western Hemisphere.
- Water, water everywhere: In addition to the harbor, the resort has a pool and hot tub.
- In-room amenities: Each lodge room is equipped with a balcony, soaking tub, glass-enclosed shower, and fireplace.
- Never go hungry: Grab a table for breakfast at Aurora restaurant and lunch or dinner at Syrens Bistro and Lounge.
- Added perk: Guests get a $25 credit valid at Susurrus Spa. Valid on body treatments of 60 minutes or more. Credit is per person and cannot be combined.
- Friend to the earth: An onsite garden full of local herbs and produce are just a couple of things that helped the hotel earn the Green Key distinction.
Pender Island, British Columbia: Gulf Island Between Victoria and Vancouver
Pender Island sits in the Salish Sea, conveniently located between Vancouver Island and mainland Vancouver. Its main two locales are North Pender and South Pender, which are separated by a canal. A narrow bridge connects the two sides. Though the island is small, it has all the beautiful features that attract visitors to British Columbia: clear lakes, rugged coastlines, and spectacular wildlife. From May to October, you can cruise through nearby inlets and see orca and humpback whales, as well as seals, sea lions, and dolphins.