This hotel is 20 miles from Philadelphia’s historic Center City and features a restaurant and an indoor/outdoor pool
Hotel at a Glance: Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
The Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast is located in Trevose, Pennsylvania, about a 30-minute drive from downtown Philadelphia. After a full day of seeing the sights in the city, you’ll come back to free parking and a big, fluffy bed.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi and cable TV with HBO and ESPN.
- Chow down on an authentic Philly fare with a twist at the onsite Atrium Bistro; cheesesteak spring rolls, New York strip steak, and house-ground 10-ounce burgers are all options. And in the morning, you can fuel up for the day with dishes such as pancakes with strawberries and blueberries, avocado, bacon, and cheddar cheese omelette, and French toast with butter and maple syrup.
- Dive into the indoor/outdoor pool.
- Try your luck at nearby Parx Casino. You’ll find more than 200,000 square feet of gaming, plus nightlife and horse racing.
- Say hello to childhood friends from Sesame Street at Sesame Place Theme Park, located just 15 minutes northeast of the hotel.
- Distance to Philadelphia’s Center City neighborhood: about 20 miles
- While you’re in town: Scale the famous steps outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where Rocky Balboa once pumped his fists victoriously.
Philadelphia’s Center City: Historic Landmarks and Museums
The historic Center City neighborhood, also known as downtown Philadelphia, dates back to the city’s founding in 1682. Today, Center City is Philadelphia’s central business district, with several skyscrapers and high-profile museums. The neighborhood is also home to Independence National Historical Park, whose high concentration of notable landmarks makes it America’s most historic square mile. While you’re here, visit Independence Hall—birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution—or head to the Liberty Bell Center to see the approximately 2,000-pound bell.
The shops of Historic Antique Row are less than a mile from here. The small, locally owned shops stock everything from oriental rugs to vintage clothing. Head about 15 minutes northwest to scale the famous steps outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where Rocky Balboa once pumped his fists victoriously. Inside, the massive museum’s holdings range from ancient Chinese art to famous paintings by Claude Monet, Salvador Dalí, and Vincent van Gogh.