Hotel at a Glance: Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City is located just outside Palm Springs, where sunny weather, luxurious spas, and top-notch golf courses are standard. The hotel offers spacious guest rooms with free WiFi and several other free perks to keep you relaxed and refreshed during your California vacation.
- Start the day right at the complimentary breakfast buffet.
- In-room amenities: flat-screen TV with cable/HBO, microwaves, refrigerators, and granite countertops in bathrooms
- Free parking is offered on site.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool or relax in the hot tub.
- Need a snack?: Stop by Cafe2Go, which stays open 24 hours a day.
Cathedral City, California: Sunny Skies Close to Palm Springs
Cathedral City takes its name from the nearby Cathedral Canyon, which got its name, in turn, from a 19th-century explorer who thought it looked like the interior of a church. It’s easy to check out the canyon, hike nearby trails, or play golf in any season here—the sun shines about 350 days a year.
Also in the city is Desert Memorial Park, the final resting place of Frank Sinatra. Ol’ Blue Eyes lies under a modest gravestone that reads, “The best is yet to come.” Just 7 miles away is the Rat Pack’s old stomping grounds, Palm Springs, where a glitzy downtown is dotted with luxury spas and upscale boutiques. The town’s pleasant weather and tucked-away location attracted Hollywood A-listers in the postwar years, and it’s had a midcentury-modern vibe ever since.