Florida resort gives guests the option to swim in a beachside pool or coastal waters in between family-friendly activities and lounging
Hotel at a Glance: Sirata Beach Resort
When you stay at Sirata Beach Resort, nothing stands between you and warm coastal waters except for a white-sand beach, outdoor pool, and beachside bar. If that’s not enough to keep you outside, the resort also offers cabana rentals to bring a bit of indoor comfort to the open air, as well as beach volleyball courts as an alternative to the fitness center. At night, join your travel companions around illuminated fire pits, plan the next day’s adventures, and blissfully ignore prime-time TV.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the beach.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- Every reason to stay outdoors: Besides beachfront activities, guests can travel to nearby attractions like the Adventure Island water park.
- Every member of the family can have fun here, including kids thanks to a beachside playground.
- Pet-friendly policies ensure that even four-legged companions can enjoy a stay at Sirata.
- Extra perks: Every option comes with daily breakfast for two.
St. Pete Beach, Florida: White Sands and Beach Bars near St. Petersburg
Consistently ranked among the top beaches in the United States, St. Pete Beach sits just south of St. Petersburg on Florida’s Gulf Coast. The town’s historic district, Pass-a-Grille, is lined with specialty shops and bars with lively decks, and a white-sand beach points into the bay like a ship’s bow. The district is also home to the Gulf Beaches Historical Museum, where volunteer docents share interesting facts about the secret histories of the beachfront’s iconic houses and hotels.
Fort De Soto Park, about 10 miles from St. Pete Beach, is a good place to experience Florida’s natural beauty. The park features piers and shallows for fishing, a canoe trail, and the Paw Playground, where dogs can play unleashed. More outdoor recreation awaits at Merry Pier, where pelicans congregate in the gentle waters and fishermen angle for their next catches. For a dose of civilization, walk among the shops and restaurants of revitalized downtown St. Petersburg, or step into The Dalí Museum, which showcases 96 oil paintings, drawings, and photographs by famed surrealist Salvador Dalí.