Hotel offers spacious suites, free breakfast, WiFi, and indoor pool; located near airport and downtown Newark
Hotel at a Glance: SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Located on the edge of Newark Liberty International Airport, this SpringHill Suites hotel makes a convenient base for business travelers and tourists alike. Its spacious guest accommodations feature kitchenettes and separate living areas outfitted with contemporary decor.
- Spread out: The guest suites are considered 25% larger than most hotel guest rooms.
- Go for a swim in the indoor pool or kick back in the jetted tub.
- Enjoy Brazilian and Spanish cuisine in the Ironbound District, a vibrant Portuguese neighborhood just a mile and a half away.
- Go downtown to explore historic churches, see Tibetan art at the Newark Museum, and stroll through Branch Brook Park.
- Head to NYC: The hotel is just a few miles from Newark’s Penn Station, where you can catch a train to Midtown Manhattan.
Newark, New Jersey: Historic Puritan Settlement Turned Bustling City
Founded in 1666 as a Puritan settlement, Newark is one of the oldest cities in America. Explore its lengthy history with a walking tour of sites such as City Hall and Penn Station. (The trains at the latter can get you to Manhattan in less than 30 minutes.) Don’t miss the gothic Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart, where vaulted ceilings soar over stately columns and a massive stained-glass rose window.
Modern Newark is also worth checking out. Learn about art and the natural sciences at the Newark Museum, which features a sculpture garden, a planetarium, and the largest collection of Tibetan art in the Western Hemisphere. The nearby New Jersey Performing Arts Center hosts dance, opera, and orchestra performances. To get closer to nature, head to tranquil Branch Brook Park, where you’ll find streams, lakes, and forests with more than 4,000 cherry trees. An explosion of pink blossoms appears here in early spring.