What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $32 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Gates Hotel South Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
South Beach is known for its fashionable nightlife, its trendy restaurants, and its picture-perfect beaches. The Gates Hotel South Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton puts you steps from all three from an enviable spot along bustling Collins Avenue. Located inside the former Ankara Motel, an art deco-inspired building from 1954, the hotel has kept its vintage facade while constructing a modern, almost futuristic vibe on the inside.
- Where you’ll stay: Loft-like guest rooms manage to toe the line between vintage-cool and post-modern sleek, with 42-inch flat-screen TVs.
- Premiere dining: at the onsite restaurant serving Mexican and American cuisine.
- Grab a drink at the posh Lobby Bar.
- Dive into the outdoor swimming pool.
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Beaches
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $32 + tax resort fee includes: WiFi, transportation to and from the beach, 2 beach lounge chairs, 2 beach towels, 2 bottled waters daily, use of hotel bicycles, pool and beach games, and local and toll-free calls.
- Parking: valet is available for an additional $42 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets up to 50 lbs may be added for an additional $50 per pet, per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- WiFi access (included in the resort fee)
- Outdoor pool
- Onsite restaurant and bar
- Fitness room
- Beach shuttle (included in the resort fee)
- Use of hotel bicycles (included in the resort fee)
- Pet-friendly ($50 per pet, per stay)
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $32 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About The Gates Hotel South Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
- Nearest airport: Miami International Airport (MIA; 11 miles)