Hotel at a Glance: The Ramsey Hotel & Convention Center
The Ramsey Hotel lies near the center of Pigeon Forge, putting the city’s family-friendly activities within easy reach. After visiting local theme parks and museums, guests can wind down with free nightly movies in the hotel’s pool area.
- Included with this deal: either a $25 dining credit per stay at the onsite restaurant, or two adult tickets to Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies per stay
- Free breakfast fills plates with dishes like home fries and biscuits and gravy.
- Newly updated rooms are outfitted with microwaves and mini fridges.
- Southern comfort food and craft beers are served in the lounge.
- Splashy fun: There’s a 24-hour indoor pool and hot tub area with its own pool bar.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: Family-Friendly Attractions and Outdoor Activities in the Great Smoky Mountains
Though it’s secluded in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge is home to some quirky destinations, including Dollywood, a Titanic museum that looks just like the famed ocean liner from the outside, and an interactive children’s museum housed in an upside-down three-story building. But the top draw is, of course, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located roughly 10 miles south of Pigeon Forge. You can hike along more than 800 miles of trails that lead past waterfalls and pioneer-era log cabins. One of the best places to catch a glowing sunset is Clingmans Dome, the park’s highest point of elevation at 6,600 feet.
In Pigeon Forge’s historical town center, a cluster of old-fashioned specialty shops and restaurants forms the Old Mill Square along the Little Pigeon River. Inside the mill, a pair of 4,600-pound granite stones has been grinding grain since the early 1800s. Another nearby attraction is Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, located a few miles down the road in Gatlinburg. Here, exotic stingrays and four-eyed anableps swim with other sea creatures beneath a backlit waterfall. At the shark lagoon, you can stand inside an enclosed glass tunnel to get an up-close view of green eels, sand tiger sharks, and sea turtles.