What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in an ocean-view room or oceanfront room
$15 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Pool towels
- Local and domestic long-distance calls
- Fitness center
- Unlimited DVD rentals
Property at a Glance: The Strand
With a stay at The Strand, you’ll be right on the beach, and within 5 miles of family-friendly activities and popular golf courses. Tee off at beautiful greens such as Whispering Pines less than 6 miles from your lodging, or get face-to-fin with stingrays and sharks at Ripley’s Aquarium, less than 2 miles away.
- Rest and relax in rooms outfitted with WiFi and private balconies that overlook the ocean.
- Round-trip shuttles conveniently take you to and from the airport (reservations are encouraged; availability limited).
- Fuel up with free coffee and hot breakfast each morning.
- Enjoy a cocktail with a waterfront view at The Strand Bar.
- Go for a swim in the heated outdoor pool and kiddie pool (not heated), or relax in the hot tub on the palm-lined deck.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Fresh Seafood, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
North Myrtle Beach is at the tip of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The town’s Cherry Grove Pier bustles with activity during the fishing season, and you can rent a rod nearby to take your place alongside veteran anglers. Nearby restaurants serve up fresh, cooked-to-order seafood including crab and shrimp.
About a half-hour southwest of North Myrtle Beach is Myrtle Beach proper, which USA Today named one of the best family vacation spots in the United States. That was in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than 1 mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into one of the SkyWheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city.
Ocean-View Room and Oceanfront Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night plus tax for each additional guest
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $15 resort fee includes: periodical maintenance associated with use of all on-site amenities, parking, pool towels, unlimited DVD rentals, fitness center, local and domestic long-distance calls and more.
- Parking: included in resort fee.
- Smoking policy: Smoking is strictly permitted on the balconies only, with the sliding glass door closed. Evidence of smoking in the unit would incur a $250 cleaning fee
- Pet policy: no pets allowed
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi
- Free hot breakfast
- Airport shuttle (reservations recommended, limited availability)
- Lounge and bar
- Fitness center
- Complimentary access to sister resort’s amenities
- Outdoor pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub
- Direct beach access
- Free parking
The Fine Print
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $100 refundable security deposit on debit or credit card paid at check-in
- $15 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Strand
- Nearest airport: Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR; 5 mi)
- Cab fare: about $25 from MYR, including a 15% tip
- Round-trip airport shuttle (contact the property, reservations recommended)