Hotel at a Glance: The Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast
The Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast took its name from an iconic fairy-tale princess famously known by her other alias, Sleeping Beauty. It’s a fitting name, as the cozy bed and breakfast stands far-removed from the hustle and bustle of major cities, nestled in the idyllic mountains of central Pennsylvania. After a peaceful night’s sleep, guests can wander downstairs to enjoy a hearty breakfast, whose menu changes with the seasons.
- In-room amenities include TVs, DVDs, and movie libraries.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages are included with each stay.
- Kick back on a wrap-around front porch or in the inn’s surrounding gardens.
- Take a dip in the hot tub.
- Area attraction: The inn is about three miles from the edge of Penn-Roosevelt State Park, where visitors can hike through lush forest foliage.
- Distance from State College, PA: 26 mi.