Hotel at a Glance: The Soco Hotel
Once guests settle into their beach chairs at the Soco Hotel, there’s little reason to get up again: staffers deliver complimentary cocktails—and refills—straight into guests’ hands. If they get their fill of sun and surf, visitors can explore the rest of the adults-only property, where they’ll find an oceanfront restaurant and a terrace swimming pool.
- All-inclusive includes unlimited meals in the restaurant, pool deck area and unlimited alcoholic beverages at the beach bar with daily entertainment.
- In-room amenities include 42” flatscreen TVs, iPad docking stations, DVD players, cable TV, and coffeemakers.
- Private terraces offer idyllic tropical views from each and every room.
- An 18-and-up limitation gives adults a true break from kids.
Barbados: Seafood, Sugarcane, and Tropical Flora in a Former British Colony
Barbados was a British colony until 1966, explaining the popularity of afternoon teas and cricket matches. But Barbadians (often shortened to “Bajans”) have formed their own identity, starting with seafood-centric cuisine. Food stands and restaurants dot the roadsides along the western coast, serving Barbados’s national dish: flying fish paired with cou-cou, a mash of cornmeal and okra. Mount Gay Distilleries is worth a stop for a tour and the chance to sample Bajan rum. The company has used the island’s abundant sugarcane to make aromatic rum since 1703, making it the oldest rum brand in the world.
Barbados’s natural beauty can be found all around the island. Trams tour the popular Harrison’s Cave, where stalactites hang from huge limestone caverns. Driving or catching a cab west to Holetown brings you to the Folkestone Marine Park and Museum, where a reef formed by a sunken ship flourishes with sea anemones, giant crabs, and decaying GPS screens. And flora lovers have several spectacular gardens to visit, including Orchid World & Tropical Flower Garden, which lives up to its name with thousands of blooming orchids. Flower Forest is located on a former sugar plantation and is filled with tropical plants including lilies and palms.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI) is approximately 8.6 miles away or 25 minutes by car.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This voucher covers two guests. All rooms offered for this deal have a maximum occupancy of two guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.