Compelling Overview of the Tour
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Washington, DC
- Richmond (RIC)
- New York City
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Houston (IAH)
- Denver (DEN)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Airport transfers: includes economy manual car rental for duration of trip
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Travel by Jen at (800) 603-3178.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights)
- 3 nights of accommodations at La Costa de Papito in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Daily breakfast included
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hacienda Pozo Azul in La Virgen
- Daily breakfast and dinner included
- Accommodations are permanent tent camps with a full private bathroom
- To offer an experience more in touch with nature and the local surroundings, these lodges do not offer air conditioning. Contract Travel by Jen at (800) 603-3178 for alternate accommodations in each area if you require a less rustic experience.
Ideas for Your Vacation
Located in Limon province on the Caribbean coast, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca got its start as a fisherman town before morphing into one of Costa Rica’s hottest tourists destinations. It is best known for its rainforest, wetlands, and the Salsa Brava, one of the most challenging and dangerous surf spots that draws in surfers from around the globe. La Virgen is a city in Costa Rica based on the shores of the Rio Sarapiqui. This city’s tourism draws in visitors who seek an adrenaline rush with adventure sports like whitewater rafting.
- Hike through the Cahuita National Park and take a tour of Cahuita’s hidden waterfall.
- Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve: Surrounded by the Bribri Reservation, this reserve is home to native wildlife and foliage that can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
- Explore the Sarapiqui region with a kayak and jungle tour down the Sarapiqui River.
- Get an up close look: at one of Costa Rica’s most popular active volcanoes at the Poás Volcano National Park.
Call Travel by Jen at (800) 603-3178 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Kids 10 and under pay reduced prices; please contact Travel by Jen for kid pricing
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
- Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional fee to travel solo.
- Select dates: If your chosen date is not available for the price, you will be offered another date for the same price.
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Rafting in the Sarapiqui River ($80 per person)
- Poás Volcano & Rain Forest Day Tour ($129 per person)
- Snorkeling and hiking in Cahuita National Park ($60 per person)
- Tortuguero canal boat ride with a stop at Playa Bonita’s beach, and a visit to a banana plantation ($55 person)