Adidas Men’s Performance Polo Golf Shirt
- Men’s polo shirt great for pairing with casual and sport outfits
- The adidas logo on the sleeve
- Open half sleeves with a split tail
- Fully taped neck seam
- 3-button placket
- Features UPF 30 sun protection
- Moisture-wicking fabric helps draw sweat away from the body
- Product materials: 100% polyester
- Suggested care instructions
- Men’s sizing chart
At age 20, athlete Adolf “Adi” Dassler set out to craft shoes that would help athletes reach their full potential and avoid injury. His timing was unfortunate: just after World War I, raw materials were scarce. Still, he managed to acquire enough canvas to construct his first pair. After only a few years, his footwear became wildly popular. In 1928, several athletes wore his shoes while competing, with one runner capturing a gold medal and setting a world record.
His real breakthrough came, however, at the 1954 World Cup championship game between Germany and Hungary—remembered in soccer lore as the Miracle of Bern. The field was a muddy swamp, and Dassler outfitted the long-shot German team with screw-in studs, and they won their country’s first World Cup. The studs marked a turning point for not only for Dassler’s company but also soccer teams and pristine grass fields around the world.