Part Bluetooth speaker and part digital assistant, the always-on Echo answers your queries, operates smart home products, and plays music
Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) Voice-Controlled Speaker with Alexa
Backed by the Alexa Voice Service, the Amazon Echo goes well beyond the capabilities of an ordinary Bluetooth speaker. Yes, it connects wirelessly to your phone or tablet to play music and podcasts, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It also connects to the internet so it can answer your questions, read the news aloud, order pizza for you, and more—all in response to simple spoken commands.
Just Call on Alexa, and She’s There
All you have to do is say “Alexa,” and the Echo wakes up, ready to take your request. Seven microphones use beam-forming technology to cut through ambient noise and hear your questions and commands, even if you’re across the room. And as you interact with Alexa, she learns the nuances of your voice and speech, making it easier for her to understand you and deliver more accurate information.
Delivers High-Quality Sound
Built into the Echo are a 2.5” woofer and a 2” tweeter, each of which have been carefully tuned to project crisp high notes and rich bass lines. Pointed downward rather than forward, the drivers project sound evenly in every direction, so you can enjoy your favorite tunes no matter where you are in the room.
Control Your Smart Home
Connect the Echo to smart home products such as Philips Hue, WeMo, Nest, and ecobee, and you won’t even have to get out of your chair to control your house’s lights or change the thermostat—just ask Alexa to do it for you.
Expand Alexa’s Skills
Thanks to the Alexa app for your smartphone (available for Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire devices), you can add skills to Alexa’s repertoire based on what you like to do. Big on trivia? Add the Jeopardy! skill. Need a lift? Add Uber. Have an insatiable hunger for pizza? Add Domino’s. Because everything is based in the cloud, you won’t run out of storage space adding new skills, which are constantly being created to connect you to your favorite businesses and apps.
- “It isn’t just a smart speaker. It’s a user interface for your home, the thing you use more than anything else. It’s overwhelmingly good at what it does, and it’s learning to do more and more every day.” — CNET
- “What the Amazon Echo can do for you is limited only by your imagination.” — ZDNet
- Speaker and voice-controlled digital assistant
- Alexa Voice Service for hands-free operation
- 7 built-in microphones for accurate voice recognition
- 2.5” woofer
- 2” tweeter
- 360º omnidirectional audio
- Compatible with Nest, Hue, ecobee, and other smart home devices
- Timers and alarms with customizable tones
- Alexa app available for Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire devices
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi
- Weight: 29oz.
- Product dimensions: 3.4” (H) x 3.4” (W) x 5.8” (L)
- Condition: new
Installing a home theater is more than just plugging in components. Tailor it to match your space with these home theater design best practices.