- Color: Black
- Condition: New
- Focal Length: 55-200mm
- Lens Type: Zoom
Sony 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens with Care Bundle
Sony's 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom is an advanced telephoto zoom lens. It is specifically designed for cameras with APS-C sized sensors and therefore is not recommended for use with full-frame cameras. Its 55-200mm focal length produces a 35mm equivalent of 82.5-300mm. Sony designed this lens for optimal optical performance with 13 elements in 9 groups and Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass. This helps to ensure the capturing of crystal clear images throughout the entire zoom range. The 7x circular aperture blades produce smooth, out of focus bokeh effects. The Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) means you will always experience smooth and nearly silent autofocusing. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 3.2' and a front-end filter diameter of 55mm.
Sony's Digital Technology (DT) lenses are lenses that are specifically designed for cameras with APS-C sensors. This means that these lenses will not cover the full 35mm sensor image circle.
Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
SAM lenses feature an autofocus motor built into to the lens itself that directly drives the focusing element group. SAM technology provides rapid auto-focusing while remaining exceedingly quiet and accurate. "Traveling Waves" are transformed into a rotational energy that focuses the optics. Operation is significantly smoother and quieter than conventional coupled autofocus drive systems.
Distance Encoder technology delivers high precision flash metering that is unaffected by the reflectance of subjects or backgrounds. The distance encoder is a lens component that directly detects the position of the focusing mechanism, and sends a signal to the CPU in order to measure distance to the subject.
The circular aperture of this lens creates pleasing natural Bokeh effects. While Conventional aperture blades have flat sides creating unappealing polygonal shaped defocused points of light. This lens overcomes this problem through a unique design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops.
Extra Low Dispersion Glass (ED)
Sony's Low Dispersion technology is engineered to reduce chromatic aberrations, which becomes more of a problem as focal lengths get longer. By eliminating the tendency of light of different colors to focus to different points at the image plane. This means your images will come out crisp and clear, with less of a chance of defracting light into an unwanted rainbow of colors. Take shots exactly like you want, without any flare-up or blurring.
- Focal Legth: 55-200mm
- Aperture Range: f/4.0-45
- Sony A-mount
- Format: APS-C
- For DT Alpha and Minolta DSLRs
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- Lightweight telephoto lens with 0.29x magnification
Sony 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens with Care Bundle Zoom Black
- Lens Mount Compatibility: Sony
- Condition: New
- Camera Mount and Sensor Compatability: A-Mount
- Camera Lens Focal Length: 55-200mm
- Dimensions: 16.0 inches (H) x 7.0 inches (W) x 11.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 2.0 pounds
- Included in the box: Sony 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens Top Brand Deluxe Large Lens Pouch Focus Lens Cap Keeper Top Brand 5 Piece Digital Camera Accessory Kit Lens Pen Cleaning Tool Focus Micro-fiber Cleaning Cloth
- Made in Japan
The Fine Print
- This item is sold through the Focus Camera operated by Focus Camera.
- The merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the fulfillment, delivery, care, quality, and pricing information of the advertised goods and services.
- The product is new.
- Product eligible for free returns within 30 days.
- Shipping and handling charges will be Free.
- United States (excluding Alaska & Hawaii) Shipments only.
- Does not ship to PO boxes.
- Orders are typically delivered in 5-10 business days.