Passengers of all ages can enjoy this 66-mile round-trip train ride through Texas Hill Country, with a layover in Burnet
About This Deal
- Valid for coach admission
- Hill Country Flyers does not run in June -August. May not be upgraded to other cars or classes
- Departure times: Saturdays at 9 a.m., starting January 2021; see the schedule
- Departure location: Cedar Park Depot, 401 E Whitestone Blvd, Cedar Park, TX
- Valid for coach cars only- Silver Pine, New Braunfels, Buckeye Lake, or Buckeye Trai
About Austin Steam Train Association
Austin Steam Train Association recreates steam-era railroading for guests who want a taste of the picturesque past. Rides aboard its diesel locomotive often include stops in Bertram to admire a restored 1912 train depot. Guests can ride in authentic cars from a variety of different historic trains. What's more, the diesel also hosts a variety of special events, including murder-mystery parties, holiday-themed rides, wine-tasting rides, and once-a-year, a kid-friendly adventure led by Thomas the Tank Engine.
When workers aren't running the trains, they're working on rebuilding them. The association originally began with the goal of refurbishing a Southern Pacific 786 locomotive that had sat in Austin park. It aims to get the locomotive back to working condition so it can sound its whistle across the countryside once again.