What You'll Get
- General admission
- Concerts are Sunday beginning at 3 p.m.
- A pre-concert discussion with WBJC’s Jonathan Palevsky takes place 45 minutes before every performance.
- Students receive free admission.
- Click to view the full program notes for each performance.
- Sunday, November 18, 2018: Jonathan Palevsky livens this bass-focused concert with his annotated narration. Bass player William McGregor, the 18-year-old 2017 Stulberg International String Competition Gold Medalist, brings his virtuosity to the 18th-century concerto by Carl Ditters von Dittersdorf and to Moses Variations by Niccolò Paganini.
- Sunday, February 10, 2019: With music written for Martha Graham’s ballet, Aaron Copland’s Appalachian Spring opens this concert. Karen Johnson, the second concertmaster candidate, performs Mozart’s Violin Concerto no.5, the so-called Turkish concerto.
- Sunday, March 24, 2019: Denmark, Austria, and Bohemia are represented in this concert featuring concertmaster candidate Audrey Wright taking Mozart’s third concerto to new heights. Carl Nielsen’s early work and the Eastern European melodies of Antonin Dvořák’s Serenade round out the program.
- Sunday, May 5, 2019: BCO’s final concertmaster candidate Peter Sirotin masterfully takes on Beethoven’s renowned Violin Concerto. This program includes Mozart’s Overture to The Marriage of Figaro, Gioachino Rossini’s Overture to The Barber of Seville, and Sergei Prokofiev’s Classical Symphony.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 5, 2019. Refundable only on day of purchase. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Advanced reservation required; confirm with your voucher number at infoATthebco.org. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating is available, but cannot be guaranteed; contact box office before purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Students receive free admission. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.