Participants can relax during a train ride through the forests of Shelby County on the vintage Calera and Shelby Railroad
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Restored, first-generation diesel-electric locomotive coach running on the former L&N Alabama Mineral Railroad takes passengers on a one-hour ride through the forests of Shelby County.
- Departure time: 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Departure location: The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum
- Free admission for children under 24 months
- Valid only on Saturday
- Not valid on the following dates: May 7th, June 18th, July 2nd and 23rd, September 24th and the entire month of October.
Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum.
Y'all aboard! Guests can explore Birmingham history as they travel back through time within the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum. Between two restored historic depots and an indoor collection of railroad memorabilia reaching back to Alabama's first explorations into rail, attendees will feel like they've caught a one-way ticket to historic Birmingham. Meanwhile, historic diesel-electric engines and vintage railroad coaches carry passengers across outdoor operating tracks for a truly immersive experience.