What You'll Get
One Adventurer Annual Family Membership for Four People
- The annual membership is good for the adventurer level, or four admissions. Upgrades are available in $25 increments the day the voucher is redeemed in-person at the ticket desk. Learn more here.
Admission for Two: Includes Admission to Davis Planetarium
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 28, 2018. Amount paid never expires. ALL SALES FINAL. Valid only for option purchased. On-site redemption only; no online, phone, or mail redemption option. Limit 4 vouchers per person for daily admission. Limit 1 voucher per person for adventurer annual family membership for four. Voucher must be redeemed at the Maryland Science Center by February 28., 2018. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid with Groupon promo codes. After February 28 value of voucher can be applied toward the purchase of full price option. No cash value, no refunds. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Maryland Science Center
Maryland Science Center spurred from an amateur scientific society that formed in the late 1700s. This society, known as the Maryland Academy of Sciences, met to discuss scientific papers on astronomy, botany, zoology, and more. When the early 20th century brought on more and more scientific and technical expansions, the Academy took on the role of educating the public about it. They designed exhibits to demonstrate these changes, which eventually developed into the Maryland Science Center. Today, the center, complete with interactive exhibits and a planetarium, remains a public resource for science and technology.
- Size: Across three levels, the facility includes 170,000 square feet of exhibits along with a planetarium and observatory.
- Eye Catcher: Full-size skeletons and casts of fossilized a T. Rex and Astrodon complete the 12-plus life-size dinosaurs on display in the open-hall Dinosaur Mysteries exhibit.
- Permanent Mainstay: Newton’s Alley showcases Sir Isaac’s principles with interactive exhibits that include creating a water vortex, touching a cloud, and seeing sound.
- Don't Miss: The year-round rooftop observatory lets astronomy enthusiasts explore the star-filled nighttime sky through a computer-controlled telescope.
- Hands-On Experiments: Visitors work together as electrical engineers in the Power Up exhibit, turning a generator to power-up various household items and maintaining an electrical grid for a whole city.
- Special Programs: During two-hour family science nights, students and their families participate in eight, interactive STEM-related activities.