All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- What’s included: Admission to the outdoor exhibition Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks and the galleries at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley (MSV).
- On view in the Museum’s gorgeous seven-acre gardens, Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks presents sculptures made out of more than 400,000 LEGO® bricks, including a six-foot hummingbird hovering over a trumpet flower, a peacock, a giant Galapagos tortoise with a Darwin finch on its back, a seven-foot-long dragonfly, a deer family (buck, doe, and fawn), a corn spider, and more!
- The exhibition includes thousands of loose LEGO® bricks for visitors to use their imagination and build with during their MSV visit
Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks
- What it is: an outdoor exhibition throughout the museum’s seven-acre gardens that brings nature to life with sculptures built with more than 400,000 LEGO® bricks
- The artist: Sean Kenney is an artist who uses LEGO® bricks to design and create contemporary sculpture and exhibitions. The exhibition presents 13 larger-than-life displays made out of LEGO® bricks, including a six-foot-tall hummingbird, a peacock built with 68,827 LEGO® bricks, and a giant corn spider made with 16,492 LEGO® pieces that hangs from a large sugar maple tree.
- Designed for: an engaging exhibition for kids, teens and LEGO® lovers of all ages that highlights nature in a fun and innovative way.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 3, 2018. Amount paid never expires. Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks! exhibit runs May 4, 2018 - September 3, 2018. Voucher is valid for all ages. Exhibit is free to ages 4 and under. Limit 4 per person. Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
An hour from Washington, DC, and located on the largest green space in the City of Winchester, the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley (MSV) includes seven acres of lush gardens which surround the Glen Burnie House (ca. 1794) and a museum with galleries displaying permanent collections and changing exhibitions. On view in the MSV gardens, the traveling exhibition Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks is designed to encourage visitors to explore the gardens while searching for sculptures made with more than 400,000 LEGO® bricks. The largest display in the exhibition is a family of deer, which includes a buck, doe, and fawn. Made with 84,442 LEGO® bricks, the deer are on display in the MSV Rose Garden. A corn spider made with 16,492 LEGO® pieces hangs from a large sugar maple tree in the front lawn, a seven-foot-long dragonfly is perched in the Water Garden where golden trout swim in the garden pond, and the Monarch butterfly sculpture is perched among pollinator plants near a spring-fed stream. Exhibition admission includes the museum galleries where miniature houses, a copper still pot, a painting by Grandma Moses and more are on view.
Along with learning about nature, visitors can interact with the exhibition by building with tens of thousands of LEGO® bricks in a “Play and Let Stay” hands-on station. They also can take pictures in an anthill mosaic built with 12,990 LEGO® bricks. Picnics are welcome and ice cream, light snacks, and souvenirs are available for purchase at a special Pop-up Shop in the gardens.