Cruises delight with views of Chicago’s skyline or Navy Pier’s fireworks; passengers can bring their own drinks and playlists
What You'll Get
- Departure location: 111 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60601, F dock in DuSable Harbor
- Departure time:
- Weekdays: 3 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Weekends: 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 7 p.m.
- Age restriction: must be 21 or older
- What’s included: ice and cups
- Customers can bring their own food and drinks.
The Fine Print
About Offshore Adventures
The 35-foot Alpha Puppy and the 30-foot Sundog could be the names of two extremely long dachshunds, but they're actually the two boats comprising Offshore Adventures' fleet. Captain Rick, a USCG Master Captain, helms the boats on the company's Lake Michigan cruises, with routes that highlight views of the city's skyline. As he steers, passengers enjoy beverages they brought along and listen to their personal playlists rather than the music of a nearby seagull pecking its xylophone. During the summer, twice-weekly night cruises augment the typical cruise selections and offer spectacular views of the city's fireworks displays.