Passengers are taken on a scenic three-hour train ride through Trough which is home to American bald Eagles.
What You'll Get
- Standard Coach is perfect for families or groups; the seats are cushioned, high-back, bench-style, with a reversible back allowing passengers to face either direction.
- Departure time: by appointment
- Departure location: Wappocomo Station at 149 Eagle Drive, Romney, WV 26757
- Age ranges for age-specific tickets:
- Adults: 13 and up
- Children: 4–12
- Free admission for children under 4 (ticket is still required)
- Coach passengers may bring a small lunch box; oversized bags and coolers are not permitted
- Vouchers are valid until September 27 and will not be valid in the month of October
The Fine Print
About Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad
Named for the bald eagles that line its path, the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad takes its passengers on a jaunty trip through America's gorgeous mountain state. The journey begins at Wappocomo Station, situated next to a charming homestead and a sprawling view of the mountains. Passengers enjoy the sounds of vintage diesels as they're led through beautiful pastures and farms dating back to the 1700s. As the train winds along the South Branch of the Potomac River, it enters a visually-striking gorge known as The Trough. One of the most scenic spots along the South Branch, The Trough is home to American bald eagles.