Adventure-seekers can enjoy a day of rafting on class II–V rapids in West Virginia’s New River Gorge.
What You'll Get
One-Day Rafting Trip
- Adults and kids can raft along the Lower New River Gorge or Lower Gauley River before camping back at basecamp. Participants can expect to hit rapids anywhere between Class II to Class V.
- Full-day rafting on the New River or Lower Gauley River
- New River:
- Float trip minimum age: 6+
- Whitewater rafting trip minimum age: 12+
- Lower Gauley River:
- Whitewater rafting trip minimum age: 12+ (available Sunday – Friday; based on availability)
- What’s included:
- Continental breakfast
- Fully guided
- Round trip river shuttle
- Complimentary beverages after rafting
- Hot showers
- Outdoor pool / hot tub
- Free parking
- River user fee, resort fee, taxes
- Claim a $10 lodging coupon/credit to be applied toward one or more nights in a cabin at River Expeditions with any voucher purchase
- Claim a $5 zipline tour coupon/credit for the ridges at River Expeditions with any voucher purchase
The Fine Print
About River Expeditions
Since 1972, River Expeditions’ passionate and professional river guides have organized whitewater-rafting and scenic float trips through the heart of West Virginia. This family-owned adventure outfitter exposes guests to majestic views of the Appalachian Mountains as they travel along the New River and the Gauley River, and it also arranges ziplining, mountain biking, and fishing excursions. Back at River Expeditions' basecamp, guests enjoy amenities including an outdoor pool and hot tub, saloon, massage studio, and lodge with free WiFi.