Korean-style bathhouse coddles guests of all ages with modernized amenities including seven poultice rooms and private massage rooms
About This Deal
- Treat yourself and your loved ones to a rejuvenating spa day
- What’s included in General Admission:
- 12-hour access to the open area and amenities, including sauna and poultice rooms
- General admission does not include spa services and/or food and drink
- No appointment necessary for general admission purchase
- Appointment required for vouchers purchased with spa services, please call 1-2 weeks in advance
- Awards/Press: articles in The Washington Post, Richmondmagazine.com, five stars award in “Beauty and Spa” category by Talk of the Town News and Celebration Media U.S.
- Learn more about what to expect at a massage.
About Spa World
As its name implies, Spa World blends the spa traditions of diverse cultures into a contemporary oasis dedicated to total-body relaxation. The 50,000-square-foot, modernized jimjilbang—a traditional Korean bathhouse—admits guests seven days a week, giving them up to 12 hours of open access to a bade pool, a sauna, a fitness center, and seven poultice rooms.
One of the spa’s many focal points is the bade pool, which targets sore muscles with nine water-blasting massage stations, including a neck shower and a bench jet that sprays high-pressure water onto feet, calves, waists, and sides to increase blood circulation. Nudity is required to keep the pool free of clothing-based contaminants. Blue onyx, amethyst gems, and ice arch overhead in the seven poultice rooms, each of which is artfully decorated and designed to detoxify bodies. Rare substances comprise the walls and ceilings; Korean red clay radiates purifying bio-infrared rays, and salt rocks imported from the Himalayas expand pores. To nourish guests who choose to remain for the day pass’s full 12 hours, the onsite restaurant sometimes pilfers these salt rocks to help flavor its authentic Asian cuisine.