Team of highly skilled and experienced instructors provides necessary information on rock climbing for both new and experienced climbers
What You'll Get
- Introduction to Climbing for One
- Introduction to Climbing for Two
During Introduction to Rock Climbing, climbers will learn the ins and outs of the facility and experience bouldering and top rope climbing for themselves. Instructors will walk climbers through bouldering on shorter walls as well as handle the ropes on the taller walls. No experience necessary. Minimum Age: 14. Class Length: 120 minutes.
- Two-Hour Basic Skills Rock Climbing Class Includes Instruction Time and Equipment for Two Climbers (Minimum Age of 14)
During the Basic Skills Class, climbers will learn how to properly put on a harness, tie into a rope, and belay for a partner. Climbing skills will be practiced during class under instructor supervision. Minimum Age: 14. Class Length: 120 minutes.
For more information on each program, click here.
Valid at Sterling and Alexandria locations. All listed programs REQUIRE advance registration.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Online reservation required. Please note that only one coupon code will work at a time when registering. In order to register more than one participant, please complete your first registration with one code and repeat the process for the second participant with your second code. Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies. Missed appointments will be up to the value of the voucher. Customers under age 18 must have a waiver signed by parent/guardian prior to redemption. Basic Skills Class and and Introduction to Rock Climbing require registration 48 hours in advance, min. age is 14 years old. Cannot be used on other classes or programs. Valid at Sterling and Alexandria locations. All listed programs REQUIRE advance registration. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Subject to availability. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sportrock Climbing Centers
Named “The Best Climbing Gym in NoVA 2017” by NorthernVirginia Magazine, Sportrock Climbing Centers helps climbers at all levels improve their skills from the ground up.
- Beginners: can take advantage of Open Climb and Friday Night Heights, where instructors manage the ropes so you can focus solely on the thrill of rock climbing for the first (or second) time
- Experienced: climbers find a selection of classes including Movement and Bouldering 101 that help you hone new techniques to increase your success and stamina on the wall
- Advanced: climbers, too, can find plenty of challenges at Sportrock. Beyond the ever-rotating selection of climbing routes and bouldering problems, those looking to up their game can enjoy sport-leading and crack climbing classes, which open up a whole new level of mental and physical endurance