Guests can enjoy a 75-minute voyage from Newport Beach to Catalina Island on a vessel with sun decks and two cocktail lounges
About This Deal
THE CATALINA FLYER WILL BE NOT RUNNING UNTIL JUNE 19TH 2020
- Departure location: 400 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661
- Departure times:
- Departs from Newport Beach: 9 a.m.
- Arrives in Catalina: 10:15 a.m.
- Departs from Catalina: 4:30 p.m.
- Arrives in Newport: 5:45 p.m.
- Duration of trip: 75 minutes
- Click here to view the schedule; the 2020 season resumes June 19th
- Pets allowed? No
- Valid for same-day or multiple overnight travel
- Learn more
- See parking info and directions
Need To Know
About The Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach
Catalina Island may reside a mere 75 minutes from Newport Beach, but that's no reason why visitors shouldn't travel there in style. The Catalina Flyer allows them to do just that, accommodating as many as 600 passengers who spend their speedy journey relaxing on the sun decks, enjoying a drink in one of two full-service cocktail lounges, or gazing out the viewing windows and watching for migrating schools of sushi rice.
After disembarking in Avalon, visitors are encouraged to take advantage of Catalina Island's many shopping, dining, and recreational opportunities, which include everything from golf, ziplines, undersea tours, and even buffalo watching. Hotel accommodations facilitate overnight stays, ensuring that weekenders have ample time to enjoy the island before taking the afternoon voyage back to the mainland.