Foodie Treats and English Afternoons in the Lake District
Hillthwaite House Hotel • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two People in a Cosy Double Room
- Full English Breakfast
- Four-Course Dinner Each
- Tea, Scones, Jam, and Cream
In 1790, William Wordsworth embarked upon an ambitious walking tour of Europe, where he wandered—lonely as a cloud—through the Alps, before a bout of homesickness prompted him to return and ultimately settle in the Lake District. If you ask us, it had as much to do with the fantastic local cuisine as the stunning landscape, as you'll taste for yourself with this overnight gourmet Escape at the Hillthwaite House Hotel.
An overnight stay in a cosy double room during January is £99 (up to a £240.90 value); or, stay from February to April 17 for £109 (up to a £263.90 value). Float on high—or drive—o'er vales and hills to Lake Windermere, where the hotel sits on the hillside in its own flower-packed garden. Inside, traditional russets and chic modern neutrals set a calm, comfortable tone and allow the dramatic Cumbrian scenery to provide the poetry.
Tea or coffee with delectable homemade scones, jam, and cream await your arrival, enough to warm you up before a four-course dinner on the evening of your stay. Dishes such as roasted venison haunch, horseradish mashed potato, or pan-fried seabream fillet, bacon rosti potato, and sticky ginger pudding adorn the seasonal menu. Each morning also includes a full Lakeland breakfast.
Walk that off with a jaunt around England's largest lake and this Escape should help you understand why the region helped Wordsworth get off the couch and shed his pensive mood. In the afternoon why not allow yourself the perfect follow up to a day out in the hotel's sauna, steam room, and swimming pool.
• This Escape is for two people.
• Stays on a Friday and Saturday are subject to a £20 per room, per night supplement, payable directly to the hotel.
• All children under 2 years are charged £5.50 per person per night for children's cots/cribs.
• All children from 2 to 7 years are charged £12.75 per person per night when using existing beds.
• Dogs are welcome with a charge of £8.50 per night.
• All children and pets must be pre-booked directly with hotel, and will be subject to availability.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"With the lake shore of Windermere so close, there is always something to do whatever the season - walking along the lakeside, enjoying panoramic views of the lake and mountains from several viewpoints."-- Go Lakes
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Saturdays must be part of a 2-night minimum stay if book in February, March or April, second night stays B&B available at a discounted price, to be made directly with the hotel on booking
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 17, 2014
- Not valid on February 14-15 2014
- £20 per room per night supplement applies to Friday and Saturday stays
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Cosy Double Room; Upgrades available, subject to availability, supplements apply payable direct to the hotel
- All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds, all children under 2 years are charged £5.50 supplement per person per night for children's cots/cribs, all children from 2 to 7 years are charged £12.75 supplement per person per night when using existing beds, paid directly to hotel, some rooms do take children (subject to availability), must be pre booked with the hotel directly
- A minimum charge of £8.50 supplement per dog per night; Paid directly to hotel, subject to availability, must be pre booked with the hotel directly
- Free Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Overnight Stay for Two People in a Cosy Double Room, Full English Breakfast, Four-Course Dinner Each, Tea, Scones, Jam, and Cream
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 015394 43636 / 015394 46691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 17, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 17, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 17, 2014 • Enjoy By April 17, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings