A Supernatural Sight of the Northern Lights
Northern Tales Travel Services • Whitehorse, Canada
- A Three-Night Stay for Two at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- Three Nights of Guided Aurora Borealis Viewing
- Whitehorse City Tour for Two
- Airport Transfer To and From Airport
Between cooking your dinner with a pinky and disciplining your kids with a glare, you're a real-life superhero. And while Superman had his Fortress of Solitude to get away from it all, you've got but an old, rickety tool shed.
Until now. Step inside the cozy confines of The Gold Rush Inn, in Whitehorse, Yukon, with this week's Escape. Grab your Lois Lane and head to this small city on the Yukon River in Canada's far northwest for a four-day, three-night vacation, courtesy of Northern Tales Travel Services (C$749).
The excursion includes airport transfers to and from Whitehorse, a 90-minute tour of the town, a double room at the inn for the entirety of your stay, and three nights of color-infused sky. Northern Tales can even help you book the cheapest flight.
Nope, that's not Kryptonite streaking through the stars; those are the famous northern lights. The brilliantly emerald (and sometimes red, white, purple, blue, pink, yellow, and orange) aurora borealis has left viewers awestruck for millennia.
If you get cold, you'll have a heated cabin or a walled tent to warm up in over hot cocoa. You'll also have the opportunity to rent winter clothing for about C$125.
Come daylight, don your cape (or, more appropriately, a parka) for one of several add-on day trips offered by Northern Tales, from dog sledding to ice fishing to snowmobiling. (Tours last four to eight hours; prices range from C$95 to C$285.) After the guided trek, thaw out in the Takhini Hot Springs, about 30 minutes from Whitehorse.
Then, change into your civilian clothes and recharge your powers at the inn's restaurant, the Gold Pan Saloon. Named one of the Best Bars Across Canada by the The Globe and Mail, this brown-and-gold pub mixes Old West style with come-in-from-the-cold Canadian warmth. Make like a Yukonian and wash down a few local pints with a side of elk steak.
Your move, Clark.
Want more? Check out Northern Tales Travel Services on Facebook.
"Fall comes early but with its own burst of color as leaves turn shocking shades of gold and crimson. In winter, you'll understand why so many would never leave. Days of utter quiet to contemplate a snowy solitude."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit one per person, up to one additional as a gift
- Reservations required, subject to availability (Valid on new reservations only)
- Book your trip within seven days before or after a new moon to catch the effects of the solar storms at their most vivid
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and fees are not included in the rate and are to be paid directly to the property upon redemption
- Multiple vouchers may not be used to lengthen the stay
- Valid for travel September 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012
- Voucher is valid for travel 7 days per week
- Guests may book additional nights directly with Northern Tales at the time of making their reservations for an additional fee
- Guests must make package reservation directly with Northern Tales by December 15, 2011
- Blackout dates are: December 24 to 31, 2011 (inclusive) and March 2 to 12, 2012 (inclusive)
- All deal services must be used in one visit
- The following are not included: meals & beverages, tip, trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects
- Package includes: airport transfers in Whitehorse, 3 nights of accommodation in a double room at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn (www.goldrushinn.com), a city tour of Whitehorse (about 90 minutes in length) and 3 nights of guided aurora viewing including hot drinks and snacks
- Northern Tales can assist with flight reservations on our local airline between Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Whitehorse at a reduced price depending on the date of reservation and travel
- It is possibility to rent winter clothing (warm winter boots, winter parka, snow pants, hat and mitts) for CAD$ 120.00 + 5% GST per person
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2012 • Enjoy By March 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings