A Dastardly Murder in Hertfordshire!
Down Hall Country House Hotel • Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two
- Three-Course Dinner Each
- Breakfast Each
As busy weeks segue seamlessly into equally busy weekends, finding time to relax and enjoy life can be murder. With this hand-picked Escape experience, we've got a 'get out of jail free' card for you. Make a quick getaway to Down Hall Country House Hotel, and feel the shackles coming off.
You won't need to commit grand larceny to pay the bill: a murder mystery break for two will set you back just £119 (up to a £259 value). Dates are available from August 17 to December 21—see The Need to Know for full selection.
You'll find Down Hall among 110 acres of splendid woodland, parkland, and landscaped gardens, nestled snugly in Hatfield Heath, close to Bishop's Stortford. Reachable from central London in 45 minutes, it's the perfect place to put your feet up after a big job.
Something sinister is afoot at Down Hall. You'll arrive at 3 p.m. with a few hours to get changed and settled before heading down to the private room at 7:30 p.m. where a bar will open and actors will commence the chilling mystery. Between each course of your meal actors will act out the narrative and be available for questioning. Each table is provided with clues to hunt down the elusive killer and by the time dinner is finished all will be revealed as well as the winning team.
The Food and Drink
As the group of apparently carefree paragons of society settle down to a delicious three-course dinner, however, tensions begin to simmer. Once you've polished off the starter (roasted butternut squash soup with herb croutes), those tensions start to boil over. The main course is superb (breast of chicken with sauté savoy cabbage and leeks, smoked bacon, fondant potatoes and red wine jus), but it becomes more and more apparent that something is awry. Not so awry, of course, that it distracts you from the exquisite dessert (chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries).
Once peace and justice has been restored, you'll probably be ready to retire to your individually designed room and luxuriate in the kind of style that you'd expect of an English country house. Settle in, push back the covers of the bed, and the lawlessness of the evening may seem like it was just a bad dream.
The Need to Know
• This Escape is for two people.
• Please check our Booking Calendar for available dates.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"The hotel, which dates back to 1322, is an Italianate mansion set in 110 acres of the most beautiful and well-tended grounds and surrounding woodland."-- Ely Standard
the fine print
- Valid from August 17, 2014 to December 21, 2014
- Your booking is made when you select your dates
- Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Once booked, your dates are non transferrable and non refundable
- Reservations required and subject to availability, a maximum of 30 vouchers are available per date - stay must be completed by December 21, 2014
- Selected dates only: August 17, August 31, September 28, October 26, November 2, November 23, November 30, December 21 2014
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Classic Double or Twin Room; upgrades available subject to availability, contact hotel directly for more information
- Event is not suitable for children under the age of 16
- In the event the date booked does not reach the minimum number of vouchers needed (20), Down Hall reserves the right to offer you a minimum of 2 alternative dates for your booking
- No pets allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two, Three-Course Dinner Each, Breakfast Each
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01279 731441 for further information if required
- Voucher supplied by LivingSocial, 25 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7DA; Tel 020 3356 0899; e-mail email@example.com
- Read our cancellation and refunds policies in sections 8-10 of our terms and conditions
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms