An Elegant Country House on the Edge of Edinburgh
Melville Castle • Midlothian, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two People
- Full Scottish Breakfast
- Afternoon Tea
- Bottle of Wine if Dining in Hotel Restaurant (Min. Three Courses Per Guest)
Formerly the hunting seat of Mary Queen of Scots, Melville Castle is now a regal hotel offering princely hospitality on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
An overnight stay is £99, and you can choose between Monday and Thursday (up to a £199 value), or Friday (up to a £179 value), Both packages include a full Scottish breakfast, afternoon tea, and a bottle of wine if choosing to dine; guests staying from Monday to Thursday will also receive a late 1 p.m. checkout.
The Best Bits
• A splendid exterior and acres of gardens.
• A short distance from Edinburgh city centre.
A grand 18th century country house rather than castle, Melville is a testament to the refined tastes of its architect, William Playfair—as well the interior design nous of the Hay family, its current custodians. There are fifty acres of estate to roam, three lavish public areas to relax in, and your classic room comes complete with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and elegant styling.
The Food and Drink
Included with your stay is not just a full Scottish breakfast, but also a sumptuous afternoon tea. If you choose to dine on three courses each in the hotel's Brasserie, which serves seasonal Scottish cuisine with a contemporary twist, you'll enjoy a bottle of wine to accompany the cuisine.
Located on the edge of Edinburgh, it's an easy trip into the historic city to take in all the culture, dining, and nightlife that the Scottish capital has to offer. If you'd prefer something a little wilder, the nearby Pentland Hills Regional Park is a perfectly untouched region to roam when the sun is shining.
The Need to Know
• This Escape is for two people.
• Superior rooms are available for a £20 supplement.
• One child under 5 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
"Edinburgh is one of Europe's most beautiful cities, draped across a series of rocky hills overlooking the sea."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- The £0.01p fee when booking online is not charged by the hotel
- Valid from June 30, 2014 - December 23, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability, (reservations can be made online only) - stay must be completed by December 23, 2014
- Valid Sunday – Friday only
- Sunday and Friday night stays have limited availability, book early to avoid disappointment
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Classic Room; Upgrade to a Superior Room for a £20 supplement per night, paid direct to merchant, subject to availability
- One child under 5 years stays free of charge when using existing beds, the maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1, contact merchant directly for more information
- No dogs allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Overnight Stay for Two People, Full Scottish Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, Bottle of Wine If Dining in Hotel Restaurant
- Check in 3pm; Late check out 1pm (Late check out not valid on Friday night, Saturday morning check out is 11am for Friday night stay)
- Bottle of Wine If Dining in Hotel Restaurant is valid if a minimum of 2 people dine on 3 courses each, valid for house wine only
- Alcohol can be consumed by over 18s only; valid photo ID may be required
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Merchant may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 0131 654 0088 for further information if required
- Voucher supplied by LivingSocial, 25 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7DA; Tel 020 3356 0899; e-mail email@example.com
- You have the right to cancel this purchase within 30 days
- Read our cancellation and refunds policies in sections 8-10 of our terms and conditions
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 23, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2014 • Enjoy By December 23, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings