Charming Country House in Beautiful Cumbria
Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- One- (£129) or Two-Night (£179) Stay for Two People in Superior Room
- Daily Full Cumbrian Breakfast
- Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant on One Evening
- Bottle of Wine If Dining on Second Evening with Two-Night Stays
Alston may have provided the backdrop for a TV adaptation of Oliver Twist, but Escapees looking to avoid the workhouse don't need to pick a pocket with a stay at the luxurious Georgian Lovelady Shield Country House.
An overnight stay for two people is £129 (up to a £274.90 value), or a two-night stay is £179 (up to a £439.95 value).
The Best Bits
• A seven-course menu fit for royalty. Bring an appetite.
• Pitched in a pretty, historic town.
• Plenty of gorgeous scenery to explore in the surrounding area.
Steal away with a partner in your comfortable Superior Room, and enjoy views of the charming three-acre garden, the River Nent, and the foothills of Alston Moor.
The Food & Drink
Whichever option you choose, a full Cumbrian breakfast is included each morning. But the real treat comes in the form of the seven-course gourmet dinner taken at the two AA-Rosette-winning restaurant, where you'll tuck into dishes that blend the best of British with continental influences: enjoy the likes of pan-fried scallops with black pudding fritters, a roast rack of lamb with rosemary jus, and a chocolate and chestnut marquise with honey glazed figs. Guests staying two nights who choose to dine again on the second night will receive a bottle of wine to accompany the cuisine.
The pretty market town of Alston (one of the highest in the country, 1,000 feet above sea level) is studded with craft, gift, and antique shops, or if you want to go further afield, try a driving tour through the lovely villages and stunning scenery of the North Pennines, or a circular tour of the Lake District.
• Stays on a Saturday night and bank holidays are subject to a £30 supplement.
• This Escape is for two people. Children are welcome; contact merchant directly for more information.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"There's a genteel, unspoilt feel to this elegant Georgian country house built on the site of a thirteenth-century convent by the banks of the River Nent."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by September 30, 2014
- £30 supplement for a Bank Holiday stay to be paid directly to the hotel
- £30 supplement for a Saturday night stay to be paid directly to the hotel
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Superior Room
- Children welcome, contact merchant directly for more information
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: One- (£129) or Two-Night (£179) Stay for Two People in Superior Room, Daily Full Cumbrian Breakfast, Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant on One Evening, Bottle of Wine If Dining on Second Evening with Two-Night Stays
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01434 381203 for further information if required
- Voucher supplied by LivingSocial, 25 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7DA; Tel 020 3356 0899; e-mail email@example.com
- You have the right to cancel this purchase within 30 days
- Read our cancellation and refunds policies in sections 8-10 of our terms and conditions
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings