Pen an Ode to Wild Dumfries
Friars Carse • Dumfries, United Kingdom
- One- or Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Double / Twin Room (Prices from £59)
- Daily Full Scottish Breakfast
- Three-Course Dinner in The Whistle Restaurant (Select Options)
- £20 Wine Voucher if Dining in The Whistle Restaurant
- Valid All Seven Days of the Week
Back in the day, the Friars Carse in Dumfries regularly played host to the Scottish poet Robert Burns. Now, it's not only home to an intriguing heritage, but its very own stretch of the River Nith. Whether you're here for the history or the fishing, this Escape to this Country House venue is a real catch.
Two people will spend one or two nights in a double / twin room with prices starting from £59 (up to a £104 value) on a selection of dates. Included is a daily full Scottish breakfast, three-course dinner (on select options), and a £20 wine voucher.
Your double or twin room features en suite with bath or shower, TV, radio, daily hospitality tray, and Wi-Fi access. The stunning country house hotel is nestled in a 45-acre Dumfriesshire estate including woodland extending down to the banks of the River Nith. There is a well-furnished spacious lounge with views over the garden and river, a comfortable bar, and a panelled snooker room with full sized table.
The Food & Drink
Included with every package is a daily full Scottish breakfast at the Whistle Restaurant, with a three-course dinner on the first night (included with select options) and a £20 wine voucher if dining in hotel restaurant. Take the bait and choose from a menu that features locally sourced produce wherever possible.
Local attractions include grayling, salmon, and sea trout fishing, plus the Burns Hermitage on-site. Further afield, you'll discover the Burns Trail, several golf clubs and the Loreburne Shopping Centre.
The Need To Know
• This Escape is for two people, valid seven days of the week.
• Children under 4 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
• Children from 4 to 14 years inclusive are charged £6.65 per child, for each breakfast.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"Some of the region's finest attractions lie in the gentle hills and lush valleys of Dumfries & Galloway."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid from August 4, 2014 - March 31, 2015
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Options B and E must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Advanced booking required, book early to avoid disappointment
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2015
- Not valid on September 6, 7, 20 2014; October 4, 11, 18, 25 2014; November 1, 7, 8, 9 2014; December 22 2014 - January 4 2015; January 25, 26 2015; February 13, 14 2015
- Options A and B: Valid August 4 2014 - November 30 2014
- Options C, D and E: Valid December 1 2014 - March 31 2015
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy up to 3pm 2 days prior applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Double or Twin Room; Upgrades subject to availability, £30 supplement for Suite and £20 supplement for Deluxe rooms per night, paid directly to merchant
- All children under 4 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs, all children from 4 to 14 years inclusive are charged £6.65 per child, for each breakfast, the maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1, any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management, supplements paid direct to merchant
- Dogs allowed, must be authorised by the Hotel Manager, contact merchant directly for more information; Supplements apply
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: One- or Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Double / Twin Room (Prices from £59), Daily Full Scottish Breakfast, Three-Course Dinner in The Whistle Restaurant (options A,B, D & E), £20 Wine Voucher (when dining in Whistle restaurant), On All Seven Days of the Week Subject to Availability
- Minimum age of 18 years to receive wine voucher
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Option B and E: 3 course meal must be taken on first night of stay
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01387 740388 to book or for further information if required (Monday – Friday 10am–6pm, Saturday – Sunday 11am–4pm)
- Voucher supplied by LivingSocial, 25 Wellington Street, London WC2E 7DA; Tel 020 3356 0899; e-mail email@example.com
- You have the right to cancel this purchase within 30 days
- Read our cancellation and refunds policies in sections 8-10 of our terms and conditions
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • Enjoy By March 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms