Winter Wonderland on Lake Eulalia
Thurston House • Maitland, FL
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Daily Snack Including Cheese and Beverages from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Admission for Two to the Art & History Museums - Maitland
- Souvenir Pottery Ornament
The North Pole may think it's a mecca for holiday magic, but tucked away in Central Florida is a true haven for merrymaking and sugar plum sweetness. Experience the charm of the season with this week's Escape to Thurston House, nestled on eight acres of lush land overlooking Lake Eulalia.
Get into the spirit with a two-night stay for two ($220) at this Queen Anne-style Victorian farmhouse, built in 1885. Brimming with modern amenities, the accommodations feature TVs with DVD players, complimentary Wi-Fi, seersucker robes, and Greenwich Bay Trading Co. bath products.
Jack Frost is nowhere in sight here—the area boasts warm weather year-round—however, the property is transformed into a winter wonderland with garlands and lots of sparkle in December. Surrounded by several idyllic gardens dotted with camellia bushes and orange trees, there is a sense of serenity that doesn't go out of season.
Feast your eyes on the full breakfast spread each morning and fuel up on specialties like Southwestern frittata, apple and cheddar quiche, or eggs florentine. Then, gobble up all the history you can handle using your included passes to the Art & History Museums - Maitland. Visit the Waterhouse Residence Museum between November and January to experience the historic Victorian home all decked out for Christmas, and take part in the holiday tradition of searching for the Waterhouse Mouse.
With your shopping list in hand, head to Winter Park (only five minutes away) and stroll the boutiques along Park Avenue. Or, take a cruise through the chain of lakes with Scenic Boat Tour. On your way back to the B&B, stop by Maitland Art Center to explore the exhibits and pick up one-of-a-kind artwork and jewelry for family and friends.
This week's Escape has all the trimmings—including a snack at 5 p.m. on the wraparound porch and a souvenir pottery ornament. 'Tis the season to send greetings from Florida, where visions of warm sunny days will dance happily in your head.
"Minutes from bustling Orlando sits a charming and peaceful B&B with outstanding attention to detail. Historic, beautiful, and perfectly located."-- Bed and Breakfast
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per person, two additional as gifts
- Limit one per visit
- Rooms are double occupancy
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Not included: 12.5% State & County tax for lodging to be charged at check-out
- Valid on weekdays only in February and March
- Blackout dates: holidays; 11/10-12, 11/22-26, 12/22-26, 5/3-6 & 5/11-13
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings